Fabrication of GEA Niro sanitary of bag fillers
The custom fabrication facility was established in 1976 and acquired by the GEA Group in 1979. It has since been constantly upgraded both in regard to the fabrication tools and equipment as well as the labor skills- resulting in one of the most efficient, experienced and best equipped stainless steel workshops for sanitary process equipment in the United States. The workshop employs approximately 70 highly skilled people on the floor in the 55,000 square foot facility.
The workshop is uniquely positioned as both the US fabrication arm of the GEA Process Engineering Inc as well as a custom fabrication facility to engineering companies and processing facilities.
The FILTERMAT® Spray Dryer produces coarse, agglomerated or granulated free-flowing dustless powders. The drying of hygroscopic, thermoplastic and slowly crystallizing products involves handling of very sticky intermediate materials at lower drying temperatures than possible in a normal spray dryer.
GEA Process Engineering Inc is an international engineering company with more than 30 operating companies throughout the world, specialized in the design, manufacturing, integration and installation of process equipment such as spray dryers & coolers, fluid bed processors, agglomerators, powder packaging and handling systems, membrane filtration plants, high pressure pumps and homogenizers, evaporation and distillation sytems, tablet presses, and similar equipment to the food, dairy, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Quality workmanship is the watchword for our Manufacturing Division, a leading supplier of stainless steel custom fabrication services. Our modern, make-to-order manufacturing facility in Hudson, Wisconsin, has an experienced workforce that produces the highest quality stainless steel process equipment. We work to USDA-3A, pharmaceutical, and ASME BPE standards.
Sanitary Hi-Con Reverse Osmosis - GEA Filtration has developed a cost-effective RO (reverse osmosis) system for the non-thermal de-watering of process streams in the sanitary process industries. This RO system is constructed for concentrations up to about 30% total solids.
All equipment is manufactured to your specifications with full consideration to meet required delivery dates. Please contact us to quote your next manufacturing project.
Types of Products
- Spray Dryers
- Fluid Beds
- Bag Houses
- Tube and Shell Heat Exchangers
- Powder Hoppers
- Pharmaceutical Dryers
- Filtration Systems
- Milling Machine - Vertical 11" x 58" Table
- Milling Machine - Universal 13" x 63" Table
- Radial Drill Press 60" Arm
- Radial Drill Press 72" Arm
- Lathe 30" x 100"
- Lathe 19" x 78"
- Lathe 15" x 50"
- Lathe 11" x 32"
- Vertical Boring Mill 96"
- Horizontal Boring Mill 48" x 72" Table
- Keyseater 1/8" - 1" x 3" Depth
- Seam Welders 1/4" x 12' & 3/16" x 6'
- Plasma Cutting 1' SS - 6' x 20' Table
- Planisher 12'
- Shear 1/2" x 12'
- 400 Ton Press 14' with CNC Back gauge
- 100 Ton Press 8' with CNC Back gauge
- Plate Roller 1' x 12'
- Plaz Welder 12'
- 10-Ton Crane 72' four-hook (2)
- 5-ton Winches (5)
- 1-ton Winch (1)
- 5-ton Cranes 26' under-hook (6)
- 3-ton Jib (1)
- 2-ton Jibs (10)
- 1-ton Jibs (11)
- 15-ton Hydraulic Yard Crane (1)
- 6-ton Forklift (1)
- 4-ton Forklift (1)
- 1.5-ton Forklifts (3)
- Turning Rolls 15 tons (3)
- Man Lift - 60' (1)
- Positive Material Identification: Contracted to NDE Organization
- Visual:In House
- Liquid Penetrant: ASME Certified In House
- Hydrostatic: In House
- Ultra Sonic: Contracted to NDE Organization
- Radiographic (X-Ray): Contracted to NDE Organization
Materials of Fabrication
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Swing Grinder
- Plate Polisher
- Stroke Sander 10'
- Glass Bead Blaster
- Tube Polisher
- Paint Booth 20' X 60' X 20' with 1-ton Hoist
- Dust Control Booth 60' W X 10' H X 12' D
Flanging, Sawing and Rolling
- Bar & Angle Roller 5/8" x 6" x 6" Angle (C.S.)
- Bar & Angle Roller 3/8" x 3" x 3" Angle (C.S.)
- Hydraulic Ironworker 3/8' S.S. - 1/2" C.S. Thickness
- Radial Drill Press 60" Arm
- Various Cutoff Saws and Drill Presses
- Manipulator 14' x 14'
- Positioners 10 ton
- MIG Welders
- TIG Welders
- Flux Core Welders
- Sub Arc Welders
- Tube to Tube Welders
- Tube to Tube Sheet Welders
- Plazma Seam Welding 12'
- GTAW Seam Welding 6'
- Orbital Welding 1/4" - 4"
- Laser Alignment Units (2)
Qualified Welding Procedures (ASME IX)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Plasma Arc Welding (PAW)
- Main Plant Site: 16 Acres
- Manufacturing Facility: 55,000 Sq. Ft.
- Raw Material Cold Storage: 10,000 Sq. Ft.
- Shipping/Receiving: 5,000 Sq. Ft.
- Materials Yard: 2 Acres
- Production workers: 70+
Fabrication - Codes/Standards
With GEA Process Engineering Inc, quality assurance is a priority. We realize the best technology is of no avail unless the resulting equipment meets the highest possible required standards.
You'll find the workmanship for fabrication in our manufacturing facility - located in Hudson, Wisconsin--meets customer expectations and following standards:
- American Welding Society
- Section VIII, Division I Unfired Pressure Vessels (U Stamp)
- United States Dairy Association (USDA & 3A)
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Food & Drug Association (FDA)
- "Current Good Manufacturing Practices" (cGMP)
GEA Process Engineering Inc
1600 O'Keefe Road
Hudson, Wl 54016